The Economic Development District of Northern Illinois (EDDNI) is a nonprofit agency whose primary role is to do economic development planning. This includes planning for job creation and growing community wealth.
comprehensive economic development strategy (ceds) update
EDDNI and its partner county governments have approved the 2016-20 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy for the Northern Illinois Region.
For more information about the plan and the planning process, click here.
Economic Development Districts
Economic Development Districts oversee and implement their region’s Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (a five-year strategic economic development plan).
What we do
- Engage area residents, organizations, and governments in regional economic development planning efforts
- Develop, maintain, and implement regional plans pertaining to economic development
- Serve as the point of contact for area agencies and organizations preparing to apply for economic development grants
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to area governments and nonprofits
- Align economic development goals and priorities and work on economic development initiatives
- Economic development grant/loan research, writing, and administration
- Offer a request for assistance program
who funds us
Our economic development district is financially supported by both Winnebago and Boone Counties, Rockford Area Economic Development Council, and Growth Dimensions for Belvidere-Boone County.